So Let me be the first [hopefully] to wish you a Happy, wonderful Christmas and an Awesome year 2014! It’s never too early…
Just when I think I won’t be bitten by the ‘Christmas bug’, I get bitten and not just bitten; infected! So while ‘it’ is still contagious, a remix of a popular excerpt has surfaced and some commandments as well. So get infected!!
I Corinthians 13, Christmas Version
If I give gifts to family, friends and well-wishers to celebrate this season and ignore/do not show love to the celebrant (Birthday Boy), the reason for this season, I am absolutely robbing the day of its spiritual reality.
If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I’m just another decorator.
So show us your skills, give another rendition of this remix….
My rendition- Love is when you read, you share and leave a comment.
- Thou shalt not leave “Christ” out of Christmas, making it “Xmas.” To most minds, “X” stands not for Christ but for the Algebraic unknown.
- Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten. Verily most of us spend much time and money getting gifts ready but a few seconds in preparing our souls.
- Thou shalt not let Santa Claus replace Christ. Lest Christmas becomes a fairy tale rather than a sublime reality in the spiritual realm.
- Thou shall not burden thy servant. The shop girl, the mail carrier, an the merchant shall have thy consideration.
- Thou shalt give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receiveth it shall treasure it forever.
- Thou shalt not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love, and that is more priceless than silver and gold.
- Thou shalt not neglect the needy. Share thy blessings with many who will go hungry and cold unless thou art generous.
- Thou shalt not neglect thy gathering of the brethren. Its services highlight the true meaning of the season.
- Thou shalt be as a little child. Not until thou has become in spirit as a little one art thou ready to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
- Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list.
Let’s have your addition to the commandments……